The Gravestone of Eberhard von Grumbach is Riemenschneider’s first known work. It’s installed in a small room off to the side of the main nave at the parish church (‘Pfarrkirche’) of St. Peter and Paul in Rimpar, a short distance from Würzburg.
To find it, visit the church during its open hours; facing the main altar, there is a door to the left rear side. The small room has several tomb-monuments in this style.
The sculpture is labeled as dating from 1487. It’s made of gray sandstone, with traces of pigment clearly visible.