Known as possibly RiemenschneiderÔÇÖs last work, this beautiful sandstone altar is housed in the St Afra church in Maidbronn, a hamlet adjoining Rimpar.


This austere altarpiece is located in St Afra, the Parish church in what remains of Maidbronn Abbey, a nunnery established in 1232. The cool colors and restrained design of the church interior make this a quiet relief.